Thursday, July 16, 2015

God Provides


This one throws it way back, to when I was about 12 years old. I discovered it while rummaging through my childhood, which remains packed away in two blue plastic totes in my parents' attic. The note on the poem says I wrote it for my pastor's wife, Miss Debbie, when her dad was going through a health scare. While I definitely still believe the message of the poem, I like to think my style has grown a bit from the didactic, sing-songy tone of this piece.


Sometimes in this old, weary land
We just can't seem to understand
Things that happen day by day,
Things that just don't go our way.

When someone we love gets very ill,
It is very hard to trust God still.
But we must remember, when pain abides,
An important fact; our God still provides.

He provides strength in every test
And gives us perfect peace and rest.
He helps us in our hardest place;
Shows us his mercy and his grace.

And so, whatever you go through,
Remember, Christian, he's with you.
He'll guide you through that stormy way,
Bring you to live with him some day.

And I know that until then
He will always help you when
You humbly call upon his name,
Since he forever is the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment